White crystalline powder with an acetic odor.
This is used commonly as a product in suntan lotions and gels. It is a nonessential amino acid. It is also used as a dietary supplement and is a protein building block. It is used in cosmetics to help the cream penetrate the skin. It is currently undergoing a further FDA study.
Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, n-acetyl-l-tyrosin, L-N-Acetyltyrosine, N-Aceyl-L-tyrosine, Ac-Tyr-OH
Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container.
- 25 kg. Fiber Drum
- Amino acid
- Origin: Synthetic
- Shelf life: 2 years from mfg. date when properly stored.
- Freight Classification: NMFC 43940 SUB 2 CLASS 85
- Kosher Status: Not Kosher
- Flash Point: 275.1 øC
- Melting Point: 149-152 øC(lit.)
- API: NO
- Allergen: NO
- Hazmat: YES
- Molecular Weight: 60.05 g/mol