White crystalline powder
It is sometimes used in place of sodium hydroxide for lyeing, especially with German pretzels and lye rolls. These dishes are treated with a solution of an alkaline substance to change the pH of the surface of the food and improve browning.
Soda Ash Dense; Unichem SSHD; Sodium carbonate; Washing soda; Soda Crystals
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
- 50 lb. Bag
- 1 lb. Bulk
- Food & bev.
- Acidity regulator
- Origin: Synthetic
- Shelf life: 3 years from mfg. date
- Freight Classification: NMFC 48580 SUB 3 CLASS 55
- Kosher Status: Not Kosher
- Flash Point: N/A
- Melting Point: 851 øC (1,564 øF)
- API: NO
- Allergen: NO
- Hazmat: YES
- Molecular Weight: 105.99 g/mol