Clear, colorless liquid with Benzene-like odor (odor of gasoline).
2,2,4-Trimethylpentane, also known asÿisooctaneÿorÿiso-octane, is anÿorganic compoundÿwith the formula. It is an important component ofÿgasoline, frequently used in relatively large proportions to increase theÿknockÿresistance of the fuel.
2,2,4 Trimethylpentane, Isooctane; Isobutyltrimethylmethane
Store in a segregated and approved area. Keep container in a cool, well-ventilated area. Keep container tightly closed and sealed until ready for use. Avoid all possible sources of ignition (spark or flame).
- 350 lb. Drum
- 1 lb. Bulk
- Origin: Synthetic
- Shelf life: Limited
- Freight Classification: NMFC 48580 SUB 3 CLASS 55
- Kosher Status: Not Kosher
- Flash Point: -12 øC (10 øF; 261 K)
- Melting Point: -161oF, -107oC
- API: NO
- Allergen: NO
- Hazmat: YES
- Molecular Weight: 158.28 g/mol