White to yellow powder with characterisitic odor.
The use of bronopol in personal care products (cosmetics, toiletries) has declined since the late 1980s due to the potential formation of nitrosamines.
Bronopol is used in consumer products as an effective preservative agent, as well as a wide variety of industrial applications (almost any industrial water system is a potential environment for bacterial growth, leading to slime and corrosion problems - in many of these systems Bronopol can be a highly effective treatment).
2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3Diol, Lexgard T/N: Bronopol
Keep container tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place.
- 5 kg. HDPE OH Pail
- 10 kg. HDPE OH Pail
- 1 lb. Bulk
- Origin: Synthetic
- Shelf life: 2 years from manufacture date.
- Freight Classification: NMFC 43940 SUB 2 CLASS 85
- Kosher Status: Not Kosher
- Flash Point: 170.3 øC
- Melting Point: 130 - 133 øC (266 - 271 øF) - lit.
- API: NO
- Allergen: NO
- Hazmat: YES
- Molecular Weight: 164.16 g/mol