Clear colorless liquid with a pungent vinegar odor.
Acetic acid is the major acid in vinegar; as such, it is widely used as a food preservative and condiment. For industrial use concentrated acetic acid is prepared from the oxidation of acetaldehyde. Acetic acid is also a product in the destructive distillation of wood. It reacts with other chemicals to form numerous compounds of commercial importance.
Acetic Acid 56%, Ethanoic acid, Ethylic acid, Methanecarboxylic acid
Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed in a cool area.
- 480 lb. Poly Drum
- 1 lb. Bulk
- Active pharmaceutical
- Origin: Synthetic
- Shelf life: 18 Months from manufacture date
- Freight Classification: NMFC 43940 SUB 2 CLASS 85
- Kosher Status: Not Kosher
- Flash Point: 39 øC (Tagliabue Closed Cup)
- Melting Point: 17oC
- API: NO
- Allergen: NO
- Hazmat: YES
- Molecular Weight: 201.24 g/mol